Students in grades 5-12 are paired with a 教师 advisor at the beginning of each year. 今年, students in O’Neal’s upper and middle school 咨询 classes have started the #WinAtSocial program provided by The Social Institute (TSI). O’Neal’s partnership with TSI will help to support O’Neal’s families and students to navigate challenges related to social-emotional health, 社交媒体, 和技术. TSI呈阳性, 高素质, gamified approach created with student leaders and researchers across the country and has been featured in the Washington Post, 仙女虫属杂志, 和ISTE.
设计独特的年级水平, 通过这个项目, students in grades 5-12 will cover the following:
- Reflecting our values, character, and interests in our actions online
- Balancing our time and attention on tech with the people around us
- Surrounding ourselves with positive and credible influences
- Using 社交媒体 as a microphone to create meaningful change
- Finding your own path no matter the pressure from others
The partnership with TSI allows the TSI team, which has experience in world-class athletics, 教育, 社交媒体, 技术, 和父母, to stay in touch with the student experiences of its partner institutions across the country. TSI has partnered with organizations such as Ravenscroft School, 加斯顿走读学校, 国立教堂学校, 波特小姐学校, U.S. Olympic Athletes, Duke Men’s Basketball, and The Women’s Sports Foundation.
The family support component of the program comes with a Parent Resource Portal where the latest 社交媒体 coaching tips can be found. Parents can also stay ahead of trending apps, 隐私设置, 和技术.
From the program, the School hopes to generate the following results:
- Encour年龄ment of positive peer influence among students around complex social and emotional challenges they face daily
- Amplification of students’ ability to make smart, 积极的设备决策, 社交媒体, 隐私设置, 和更多的
- Strengthening of parents’ and adults’ understanding of student experiences on 社交媒体 和技术 and their ability to coach students through proactive, 正在进行的教育.
- Generation of conversations between students and trusted adults, and between students and their parents, around a positive use of 社交媒体 和技术.
#WinAtSocial is the world’s first gamified curriculum that empowers students to navigate their social world - 社交媒体 和技术 - to fuel their health, 幸福, 以及未来的成功. This gamified and student-led approach to social-emotional 教育 was created by The Social Institute with over 50,000 students at 60 schools nationwide. 学生使用设备(桌面), 笔记本电脑, 平板电脑, or smartphones) to play during homeroom, 咨询, 或者健康课. Trainers (advisors or teachers) host and facilitate the game. 当学生在学校玩耍的时候, all parents and staff receive real-time updated tools in the resource portal and family huddles.